The role of the resident director is primarily to ensure that companies operate in line with Maltese laws and regulations including but not limited to the Companies Act 1995, Maltese tax laws, and specific regulatory norms. Directors of Maltese companies will be subject to general fiduciary duties and to specific duties which are provided for in the Companies Act.
- Liaison with local authorities;
- Ascertaining that the entity functions in line with legislation;
- Procuring secretarial, legal and accounting services in Malta for the company;
- Acting as fiduciaries for the company;
- Maintaining updated records for the company;
- Performing duties relating to filing the required documentation with the Maltese Trade Register;
- Duties with respect to the general meetings;
- Duties related to company liquidation, (in the eventuality that this is required).
This is provided through the pool of talented and experienced professionals working at IGA, who are responsible for providing Company Secretary services.
Our secretarial services encompass transfers of shares, filing statutory returns, changes in directors and revision/updating of the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
Our Corporate Services Division performs professional company secretarial duties for Malta companies which include:
- Drafting of company resolutions;
- Preparation of Minutes of the Board of Directors and Shareholders;
- Implementing changes agreed to at the Board of Directors and Shareholders;
- Performing amendments to the company’s constitutive documents;
- Maintaining the company’s statutory records;
- Timely preparation of annual forms and returns with the Registry of Companies;
- Submitting the audited accounts to the Malta Registry of Companies and the Inland Revenue Department as required by Maltese Law;
- Issuing and authenticating any necessary company documentation.